Friday, November 19, 2010

pretty paisley.

Today I'm feeling colorful, and I usually dress according to my mood. With this dress from GATO, you can wear it pretty much anywhere. Personally, I'd wear it to go shopping with friends. It's also perfect for a party or to go clubbing. I think y'all will like it. Well, I hope so.

So. Much. Color! That's all I can really say about this dress.  I adore prints, and paisley just happens to be one of my fav. What I really like about this dress is the sleeves. With the sleeves, you aren't being slutastic by showing way too much skin, but with the dress being a mini, you can show off your legs and grab that special guy's attention (while still leaving something to the imagination). I didn't wear jewelry with this dress because I felt it would take away from the dress. However, if you tend to feel "naked" without some type of jewels, I would suggest wearing a nice pair of diamond studs (I suggest the Iconoclast from JCNY). Also, if you want to wear a ring, I would go with a simple band with a solitaire jewel, but nothing too gaudy. Again, you want the focus to be on the dress. As for makeup, I would go with dark, dramatic eyes and any shade of red lipstick (no pink!). For my nails, I went with a natural, pink French tip. In my opinion, colored nails with this dress would be too much.

For this look, I went with a simple, black and strappy heel. I got these shoes from Maitreya's Gold line. The straps and the cute bow on the back of the shoes make these absolutely adorable. The heel is at a comfortable height, so ladies the heel won't have your feet screaming at you TOO loudly! These shoes come with a HUD that includes 10 skin presets (19 sub presents), resizer, nail polishes, RGB value sets, and 5 skin save slots. So clearly, there are plenty of options to customize your shoes.
What I love about this hair is the slightly tousled look. The faint wisps of hair framing the face, coupled with the thick bangs and long ponytail make this hair perfect for this look. This hair is also from Maitreya. It is primarily made of sculpts, but the ponytail is flexi. I prefer hair that is part sculpt, part flexi because too much of either just doesn't look good to me. The thick bangs go really well with the makeup because the bangs really enhance the "dramatic face" that I was trying to go for. Plus dramatic is perfect for nightlife, don't ya think?

With this look, you can dance the night away in style

Style Card:

Hair: Maitreya - Nimue - Browns Pack
Dress: GATO - Rosario Dress
Shoes: Maitreya Gold - Shanti - Black
Skin: Belleza - Elle BR SK Line #4 - 15 HB
Poses: Glitterati 

Yellow Cabs:

No comments:

Post a Comment